At Munford Middle School, we believe that...
In our Environment:
· All stakeholders have the right to work and learn in a safe, clean, organized, and well-maintained environment.
· The educational experience should promote high standards of behavior and an understanding of consequences that occur as a result of one's actions.
· All stakeholders must enhance students' self-esteem by nurturing positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
In our Curriculum:
· All students are actively involved in reading and writing across the curriculum to ensure increased understanding and achievement.
· All students benefit from a variety of individual and collaborative instructional approaches to support their learning.
· A variety of exploratory courses should be provided to afford the students the opportunity to discover and develop talents, interests, or abilities in areas such as vocal and instrumental music, computers, physical education, and STEM.
In our Instruction:
· Instruction will be research based to facilitate effective planning and organization of academic activities.
· Instruction will include a variety of strategies including teacher facilitated and student-centered activities
· Instruction will include clearly defined expectations
· In order to be meaningful, instruction should be related to past learning and serve as a bridge to future learning.
In our Assessment:
· Assessment will be linked to instruction and curricular goals.
· Assessment will be based on the concept of "Beginning with the end in mind."
· Assessment will be benchmarked and varied to adequately meet student needs.
· Assessment will be communicated to all stakeholders.